Which acronyms are your favourite? | ABC News Dictionary
The ABC has put together a handy dictionary of acronyme terms for your enjoyment.
Here’s what you need to know.
Key terms: * ‘Agriculture’ – includes farming, dairy and dairy products.
* ‘Food’ – also known as foodservice, food warehousing and food processing.
* Foodservice – refers to foodservice workers.
* Retail – refers specifically to restaurants, cafeterias, cafes and cafes serving food.
* Service – refers generally to the provision of food, drink, retail and accommodation.
* Health – refers mainly to health and related topics.
* Transport – refers only to the supply of goods and services by road, rail, sea and air.
* Technology – refers primarily to the use of telecommunications technology.
* Travel – refers chiefly to the travel and travel-related activities.
* Agriculture – includes the production, processing, storage and consumption of agricultural products.
For more information, visit the ABC’s website: http://www.abc.net.au/education/health-care/australia-national-school-tickets/416811/Agricultural-student-agricultural/index.html#ixzz4fQmRd7r6A